Laser Hair Removal
Dr. Jensen and his team offer state-of-the-art laser hair removal treatments. With the newest and most powerful Alexandrite and Nd:YAG laser system, we can provide laser hair removal for all skin types. Treatments are fast and effective. You will notice results immediately. Dr. Jensen's team is excited to evaluate your treatment goals and develop a customized plan for you.
How does laser hair removal work?
Laser light targets the pigment in the hair follicle while leavening surrounding skin untouched. The hair follicle heats up and deactivates the hair follicle permanently. Laser hair removal can also be performed in conjunction with a Miradry hyperhidrosis excessive underarm sweat removal treatment.
How many treatments are necessary?
Treatment duration is variable based on skin type, hair color and location of hair. Most areas require 6-12 treatments, but you will have noticeable results even after the first treatment.
Why does it take multiple treatments?
Laser hair removal can only target hair follicles that are in the active growth phase. Since only a certain percentage of our hair follicles are actively growing at any one time, multiple treatments are required to deactivate all the hair follicles.
How much does laser hair removal cost?
Dr. Jensen's Plastic Surgery and Aesthetics office is excited to offer affordable laser hair removal options for any budget. Packages start as low as $29/month.
How do I prepare for my laser appointment?
- Avoid tanning and sunless tanners. You want your skin as light as possible.
- No plucking or waxing for 2-4 weeks prior to laser hair removal.
- You must be off Accutane for 12 months prior to laser treatment.
- Shave the area 1-2 days before the appointment.
- Take oral antiviral medications starting a few days before your appointment if you are prone to developing cold sores.